How to Clean Patio furniture mesh
Patio furniture will get dirty eventually, it could be on the deck or in your back yard. All the elements from the weather will stain the mesh material on the patio furniture. Learning how to clean patio furniture mesh and remove stains, dirty marks and other things is what this article will teach you to do.
Cleaning the mesh fabric on some patio furniture can be challenging, while others are super easy. The hardest one to clean is the fabric material patio furniture, these will pick up all different kinds of stains on them in the blink of an eye. Cleaning the fake plastic material mesh is one of the best to clean and have, they last longer and are more sustainable to any weather.
It could be snow, rain, hail, or anything else, they will last. Now let us get to the best way to clean your patio furniture mesh that has stains or mess.
Dawn Dish Soap Or Regular Dish Soap
White Distilled Vinegar
Scrub Brush Or A Toothbrush
Cleaning Plastic Mesh
This is the best patio furniture material that you can have outside on the patio or on the lawn. Cleaning them is a breeze and you can use anything on them like bleach to remove stains and other things you might find on them without worrying about destroying the material.
- Place the furniture in an area where it can get wet without messing anything else up.
- 2. If the plastic mesh has stains on it, you can use bleach or any of the methods below that is listed.
- For general cleaning, use some dawn dish soap in a bowl with warm water and a sponge.
- Wet the sponge in the bowl and wash the furniture off to your liking.
- You can now use a garden hose to wash off the dawn dish soap and the dirty that you just loosen up.
- If you do not have a garden hose, some water in a bowl will do just fine to wash it off.
Cleaning Fabric Mesh
Having fabric material patio furniture can make your patio look extra luxurious. The drawback to this material is that it will have a green look to the color after it is wet a few times. The simplest dirt will get stick to it and show, so here is the best way to clean fabric mesh patio furniture.
- Get a scrub brush and a toothbrush and put one side.
- Wet the material and let it sit for a few minutes, this will soften the dirt and stain on it.
- Spray areas that are stained with rubbing alcohol to help break down the stain by the time you reach it.
- In a large enough container, add 3 large squirts of dawn dish soap and add warm water until it is almost full.
- Use the scrub brush and toothbrush to scrub the entire furniture until it reaches how clean you want it to look.
- Wash the patio furniture off with a hose and leave it to dry in the sun.
How to clean patio chair cushion
Some of our patio furniture will have cushions in them even if the frame of the chair is made of metal and mesh, If the cushion is any color other than black, it will look awful within a few months. If the color is white, you can use bleach but in other colors, you will have to use a laundry detergent or a dishwashing soap.
- Remove the cushion from the chair if it can be removed. With some of the cushions, you can take off the fabric material and wash it in the laundry. If that is the case do that.
- If your cushion fabric cannot be removed, get a scrub brush along with some laundry detergent or dishwashing liquid.
- Full a large enough container with water and pour the detergent or dishwashing soap into it.
- Use the stub brush to scrub the cushion until it is clean the stains are removed.
- Put the cushion in the dryer to dry or leave it outside to air dry.
How to clean patio furniture arms and frame
Some of the arms and frames of our patio furniture will be metal. Cleaning the metal is really easy if it does not have rust on it. If your patio furniture starts to have rust on them, this is a good sign that you need to replace that chair or seat itself. Having that rust get into a wound on your body will lead you straight to the hospital.
- Spray down the chair frame with some bleach or vinegar.
- Use a microfiber cloth or sponge and wipe the frame down to remove all the dirt and debris on it. You can also use a piece of paper towel to wipe it off.
- If wiping it off isn’t enough, you can use a power wash to clean it. You don’t have to have a big gas power washer. You can buy an electric power washer that is quiet and can store anywhere. Here is a great one that I would recommend.
Best Way To Clean Stain Off Patio Furniture Mesh
Having stains on our patio furniture mesh is a common thing and you will need to know what are some of the best cleaning products to use on them that will not damage the material or change the color of the mesh. Below will be a list of all the things you can use to remove stains on the mesh patio furniture or any patio furniture in general.
Using Bleach On Patio Mesh Furniture:
Using bleach to remove stains is what it was made for, but it has its limitation on what it can go on. You can use bleach to clean materials only that will not change color.
- Add 1 cup of bleach to a spray bottle.
- Add water until it is full. You can add a little dawn dish soap to help the cleaning process.
- Spray the stain directly with the mixture you just made and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Go back and use a scrub brush and scrub the stain until it is removed completely.
Using Rubbing Alcohol On Patio Mesh Furniture:
Rubbing alcohol is the go-to cleaning agent I use when I do not want to use bleach on some areas in my house. You can use it to clean your countertops bathroom and so many other areas like stains on any material. Using this to clean stains on your patio furniture will not change the color or damage it.
- You can directly spray the rubbing alcohol on the patio chair if the bottle has a spray nozzle.
- If the bottle doesn’t have a spray nozzle, pour some of the rubbing alcohol on the stain and clean it off with a brush.
- You can use a wet sponge or cloth to wipe it down after cleaning it.
Baking soda is a great cleaning agent when it comes to removing odors and can even help with stains. Making baking soda with som dawn dish soap is a great combo to lift any stains that is on your cushions or the mesh fabric.
- Pour half cup of baking soda into a bowl and add warm water to it.
- Pour a few drops of dawn dish soap into the bowl and mix it around.
- Use a scrub brush or bowl to clean the stain off.
Vinegar is a well know household cleaning product that is used to clean areas that are delicate or where you do not want to use bleach. Vinegar has a low enough pH level to be acidic enough to clean but not harm you.
- Get a large enough spray bottle to make your own homemade cleaning solution or product.
- Pour some of the white distilled vinegar into the spray bottle and half it.
- Add a few drops of detergent or liquid soap and fill the rest of the bottle with water.
- Spray the spot on the mesh that has the stain and scrub it out with the toothbrush or scrub brush.
- Wash it off with some fresh water and leave it to dry.
Tips on How To Keep Your Patio Furniture Clean
- Cover the furniture when not in use.
- Have retractable patio cover.
- When the weather is bad, turn the furniture down.
- Clean them every few months.
- Use a protective coating on them.
Having beautiful patio furniture can make your backyard or front yard look extra nice but, choosing the right material furniture will make the difference in how well they look after a few months. Having patio furniture with mesh material will save you both time and money because they are easy to clean and keep up well with the weather elements.
Fabric mesh material patio furniture is great but just needs more up-keeping. These patio furniture works best when your patio is covered or you cover the furniture itself when they are not in use.
This is a list of some of the items I use in my house to clean, which are affordable as well. They all make cleaning much easier for me and even faster. I recommend you use these. List of affiliate links below.
To Use Less Liquid Soap
Clean Your Floors Faster
Clean The Walls In Your House Easier
For Cleaning Windows Or Stains Off Wall
To Clean Your Sofa, Car Seat, Bed ETC
To Use With Product Below
To Clean And Polish Furniture, Grout Joint, Toilet, Car
Also a page of Everything Household Products that will come in handy when cleaning