How to Get Pee Out Of Car Seat
Getting pee on your car seat, whether it is from you, your kids, or your pet, isn’t a good thing. Urine is based on the things we drink that the body doesn’t need, so it will stain the car seat and even bleach it a bit if the seat is cloth. How to get pee out of the car seat is the changing part.
But this article will break it down in a step by step method for two different types of seats. Leather seats that require more care and detail or cloth seats that you can be much rougher on. Let us begin getting the urine out of the car seat.
How to Get Pee Out Of Car Seat: Leather Seats-
Cleaning pee off leather seats is much easier than cloth because the urine will be trapped most of the time on the surface of the leather, and all you need to do is clean up the area and deodorize it. Plus, remove any small stain marks that might be there.
- Dish Soap
- Baking soda
- Small Cleaning Container
- Paper towel
Steps To Take:
1. The first step you need to take is to clean up as much of the liquid as possible. If you do not have perforated leather seats, the urine will be sitting on the top of it. Use a thick sheet of paper towel to soak up the urine.
2. Now, you will need to deodorize the area with the pee smell on the seat. Sprinkle a hand full of baking soda over the area where the pee was on the seat and let it sit for 20 minutes to absorb the pee smell and soak up any remaining pee that was on the seat.
3. The best way to get the baking soda off the car seat is by vacuuming it. This will prevent you from spilling the baking soda on the car carpet. Vacuum the area of the seat slowly until all of the baking soda is gone off the seat.
4. Once all the baking soda is gone, you now need to wipe and clean the area. Add a small amount of warm water to a cleaning container the squirt out a few drops of dawn dish soap on the seat itself.
5. Dip the sponge in the warm water, then squeeze it out and gently scrub the seat. Do not use a sponge that is rough.
6. Once you do that, take some sheets of paper towel and wipe the seat clean and check to see if there is any pee stain on the seat. If there is, repeat the cleaning process with the sponge.
7. Your car might smell of pee, so you can either make your own air freshener or sprinkle some essential oil on the car carpet and leave the windows and doors open so the car can air out. Do not sprinkle essential oil on the leather seats because it will stain it.
How to Get Pee Out Of Car Seat: Cloth Seats-
Cleaning cloth seats that got pee on them will be the hardest because cloth seats will absorb the liquid from the pee. This method will deep clean the seats, so you will need some time to make them dry.
- essential oil
- Scrub brush
- Cleaning container
- Baking soda
- Dish Soap
Steps To Take:
1. The first thing you need to do is make the cleaning solution that will both get rid of the pee smell and eliminate any stains. Fill a container with two gallons of water and add 1 cup of white distilled vinegar.
2. Add 20 drops of essential oil to the water, then sprinkle half a cup of baking soda into it. Mix it around until the baking soda dissolves entirely, then you can add half a cup of dish soap.
3. Once you have made that mixture, take the scrub brush, dip it into the mixture and scrub the area where the pee stain was. Ensure the stub brush is wet when you are scrubbing the area.
4. Do this until you see the pee stain is gone and leave the seat to air dry. You can leave the car windows down so that the wind can blow in and dry the seat. Another way to dry the seat faster is by using a hair drier. Once the seat is dry, there should be no urine smell or stains.
Getting pee on your car seat isn’t a good thing, and the worst thing you can let happen is to let it dry on the car seat. If you realize your dog or your child is peeing on the seat, immediately stop in a safe area I can use a cloth or something to soak up the pee before it soaks in the seat. With leather seats, you have to be more gentle, especially if it is Nappa leather that is really soft.