How to Clean Leather Car Seats With Holes
A leather car seat is in most modern vehicles and some of them come with perforated seats in them that blow cool air through the hole to cool you down. These holes in the leather seats can get dirty and clogged if they are not cleaned properly.
Another thing that most people do not know is that you cannot wipe too much leather conditioner over the hole in the seat or else they will get blocked. This happened to me a few days ago, so I had to come up with a different cleaning method to use on my car seats.
Thing You Will Need:
Short And Quick Way To Clean Leather Car Seats With Holes
Below is a short and direct cleaning method you can use just to clean the holes in the car seat if they are really dirty. This method will only take you a few minutes to do if you do not plan to clean the entire seat. I do recommend that you clean the entire car seat if you can by following the more detailed cleaning method below.
Steps To Follow:
1. Remove everything from the car seat and move the steering wheel up to make more room.
2. Vacuum dust off the car seat. Vacuum the joints in the car seats between the leather.
3. Get the detailing brush and wet it with the leather soap or leather shampoo.
4. Brush the holes in the seat in a circular motion until you see the dirt lifting.
5. Once you brush the perforated areas on the lower part of the seat and the upper. Wipe it clean.
6. Now you a small amount of leather milk or conditioner and wipe the perforated parts of the seat. To not let the leather milk get in the holes, rub it in the microfiber cleaning cloth before you wipe.
7. Let the leather seat dry for 10 to 20 minutes before you sit on it again.
Related Article: How to clean car carpet
Detail Guide On How To Clean Leather Car Seats That Are Perforated And The Entire Seat
This method is a detailed guide to cleaning your entire leather car seat along with the perforated holes in more detail if the quick and short method above wasn’t detailed enough for you.
Related Article: How to clean vomit from car
Thing You Will Need:
- Leather Soap
- Leather brush
- Detail Brush
- Leather Conditioner
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- Cleaning Container
- Dawn Dish Soap
Steps To Take:
1. The first step you need to do is gather all of the cleaning products you will need and can get so you do not have to be walking around looking for them. This will make the cleaning process much smoother. Use your vacuum and vacuum the entire seat, the lower part you sit on and the upper part you lean back on. Make sure to vacuum and grease in the seat and thigh extension.
2. Full your cleaning container halfway and add 2 tablespoons of dawn dish soap and mix it around. Use the microfiber cleaning cloth and dip it into the water and wipe the entire seat off. This will remove and start to break down any grease and dirt.
3. Now use the leather brush you have and add some leather clean/Shampoo or soap on it and brush the upper section of the leather seat where you lean back in a circular motion. By cleaning the upper section first, you won’t have to worry about getting the lower part dirty if you cleaned it already. If the seat has stains, give the stained area a slight brush with some leather cleaner and move on to the next section for now. Once you clean the upper section, you can now clean the lower section. Only clean the smooth part of the leather first. Leave the holes for last.
4. Now that you have cleaned and brushed the smooth part of the leather. Work on heavy and dark stains on the seat that was left. They should be easier to come out now. Use a clean microfiber cloth and wipe the entire seat off to remove the dirt and grease you just loosened.
5. Now you can clean the holes in the leather seats. Apply a small portion of leather cleaner to a small detailed brush and brush the holes in the leather seat in a slow circular motion. Make sure to start from the upper section where you lean back then you can move down to where you sit.
6. Use a clean microfiber cloth and wipe the entire seat off. Once every part of the seat is clean and has no soap on it. You can add some leather conditioner to a clean microfiber cloth and wipe the entire seat down and let it sit for 10 minutes for the leather to absorb it. Once the 10 minutes are up, add some leather milk to a clean cloth and massage it into the seat to give it a softer feeling. Now your car leather seats with holes in them should look and feel cleaner and feel much softer as if a professional did it.
Related Article: How to get gum out of car seat
Best Way To Keep Perorated Car Seats Clean And Damage Free
Below are 4 things you can practice on a daily basis to keep your car seat clean and prevent the holes in your leather seat from getting dirty and clogged.
1. Try not to eat in your car that often so that food crumb doesn’t get in the holes of the seat and clog them up.
2. Vacuum your car seat more often to prevent food and dust from getting into the holes.
3. Do not use a lot of leather milk or conditioner on areas of the car seat that has holes in them because the holes will get clogged and you will see white marks in them.
4. Never push anything sharp or anything other than a detail brush into the holes because they can get ripped and slowly tear open over time.
Related Article: How to clean car seat straps