How to Get Rid Of Ants In Carpet
Having ants on your carpet can be a nightmare for you or your kids. Small ants are hard to see on a dark carpet, and if you lay or stand on the carpet, you will start to feel them bite you. Imagine a baby playing on the carpet and getting bit by ants but cannot say anything. This is why it is important to get rid of ants on a carpet immediately.
Getting rid of ants on a carpet isn’t that simple because you have to neutralize the ants first and then remove whatever attracted them to the carpet. This can be food, sweet liquid like caramel, syrup, and other things. Below will be a step by step guide to get rid of the ants and the food out of your carpet.
Tools Needed To Get Rid Of Ants In Carpet:
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Scrub Brush
- Borax / Baby Powder
- Dish Soap
- Scrub Brush
Getting Rid Of The Ants On Your Carpet
This method is used to only remove the ants from your carpet so you can clean the carpet properly without you worrying about getting bites. A lot of people do not like to use strong insecticides, so I will use other products that are not that harmful.
Ants work in groups, so you will always see them coming from somewhere in a line bringing food to and from. You need to first stop them from coming in using dish soap water or shaking baby powder or baking soda on them and wait a few minutes until they die. Now you can focus on the carpet.
Steps To Take:
1. The first thing you need to do is sprinkle either baking soda on the carpet or baby powder, whichever you have. In my experience, baby powder will stop the ants in their track within minutes.
2. Sprinkle a generous amount on the ants and leave the carpet for about 10 minutes. Take your vacuum and put it on the carpet setting and vacuum the area where the ants are if the food they were eating is solid and you picked it up.
3. If the food they were eating is sticky liquids, then you need to vacuum around the area until you clean the sticky liquid out of the carpet.
4. Once you got rid of most of the ants on the carpet. You can now move on to the next stage of cleaning whatever food they were eating out of the carpet.
Cleaning Sticky Liquid Out Of Your Carpet:
Ants love sweet sugary things like caramel, syrup, and much more things. You might be eating breakfast, and you spill some, and this will cause the ants to come if you leave it on the carpet. The first thing you need to do is clean up the sticky liquid as soon as it gets on the carpet before it turns solid.
Steps To Take:
1. Fill a small cleaning container with warm or hot water and add a few tablespoons of dish soap, preferably dawn dish soap.
2. Take a tablespoon and scoop up the majority of the liquid out of the carpet. You can also use a butter knife to crop the liquid together.
3. Once you have gotten out the majority of the sticky liquids out. You can use the warm water with a scrub brush and brush the area clean in slow controlled strokes.
4. Once the area has a good amount of sud and you think the sweet liquid is loosened. You can use a piece of paper towel and wipe the area clean.
5. If when you wipe the area clean you still see anything other than soap or water. Repeat the cleaning process.
Cleaning Food Out Of Your Carpet:
Removing solid food out of your carpet is really easy to do. All you need to do is take out the large chunks out of the carpet and vacuum whatever tiny bit is left. If you don’t have a vacuum, you can even use a broom to get the food crumbs out of the carpet, but he’s recommended you do it as soon as it happens to prevent ants from coming to your carpet.
Ants in your carpet can be one of the worst things that can happen to your foot. Because sometimes, the ants are hard to see, and they will bite you as soon as you go near them. The reason why ants would be in your carpet is because of food, they will not try to live in your carpet or anything else other than if they find food in.
So as soon as something is spelled in your carpet or forgets on it clean it off as soon as possible and vacuum the carpet often. Each day is recommended to keep your carpet very clean and make it last longer.