How to Get Ketchup Out Of Carpet
Getting ketchup on your carpets is a common household problem that both adults and kids can cause. Getting the ketchup out of the carpet is the hard part because you can accidentally spend the ketchup more and bush it down even deeper into the fabric.
This article will teach you how to remove the ketchup immediately after it gets on the carpet and if it has been on the carpet for a while to create a red stain. Let us begin to get the ketchup out of the carpet.
The Quick And Easy Way To Get Ketchup Out Of Your Carpet: Method 1
This method below is a quick way to clean the ketchup out of your carpet as soon as it gets so it doesn’t stain the carpet.
- – As soon as the catch falls on the carpet, use a spoon or knife to scrape it up instantly.
- – Sprinkle baking soda on the ketchup mark on the carpet and let it sit for 1 minute.
- – Use a powerful vacuum and suck up both the ketchup and the baking soda together.
- – If ketchup is left run the vacuum over the spot for a few minutes until it is gone.
Note – it is best to not wet the ketchup when it just fell on the floor because this will cause the red color to spread into more areas of the carpet which will make it harder to remove.
Get Ketchup Out Of Carpet That Has Been On It For A While With Stain: Method 2
- Warm Water
This cleaning method will remove old or dried-up ketchup that has stained the carpet.
1. The first thing you need to do is scrape or scoop up all of the ketchup as you can. Once you have scooped up most of the ketchup empty your vacuum of dust and dirt so the ketchup doesn’t get stuck on the inside. Use the vacuum and vacuum the area for a few minutes until you only see the ketchup stain.
2. At this stage you will need to make a cleaning solution of 50% warm water and 50% vinegar in a spray bottle or small bowl. Pour a small amount of mixture or spray the mixture on the stain enough to make it wet and let it sit for 15-30 minutes.
3. After the 15-30 minutes are up. Use your vacuum again for 5 minutes continuously to suck up the moisture and the stain on the carpet. Do not wipe or scrub the area because you will spread the stain even more.
4. If when you are done the stain is gone then you have successfully clean and gotten the ketchup stain out of your carpet.
5. If some stain is still remaining repeat step 3 until the ketchup stain is totally gone.
- How to get wine out of carpet
- How to get ash out of carpet
- How to get laundry detergent out of carpet
- How to clean carpet without vacuum
- How to get silly putty out of carpet
The best way to get ketchup out of your carpet is to prevent it in the first place but if you do get it on it I recommend you clean it up with method 1 as soon as possible to prevent leaving a red stain.