How to Get Charcoal Out Of Clothes
Charcoal can be very annoying to get off when you get it on other places like your clothes, carpet, and countertops. The most common way we get charcoal on our clothes is by using it to whiten our teeth or go near the barbecue grill. When charcoal gets on your clothes the last thing you want to do is rub it immediately. The first thing you need to do is wash your hands off properly so you do not get it everywhere before you start to clean the clothes.
What You Will Need
- Stain Remover
- Dish Washing Soap
Removal Of The Charcoal Stain Out Of Your Clothes
– As mentioned above the first thing you need to do is to clean your hands properly before you touch anything. Charcoal stains surface easily, especially if the area has a texture to it.
– After you cleaned your hands you will need to shake out as much of the charcoal dust as possible out of the clothes into the garbage can without getting any liquid on it as yet.
– Now you can pretreat the stain with a stain remover. You can purchase your own or you can make some with 50% vinegar to 20% warm water and add a tablespoon of dawn dish soap to the mixture.
– Cover the area where you are going to work so the charcoal stain water doesn’t leak out everywhere snd great a mess. Once you did you can now use a sponge and wet it with the mixture and dab the charcoal stain until you see most of it coming out.
– If the fabric you are working with allows bleach or colored bleach to be used you can use it as well. Once 70-80% of the stain is removed you can set your washing machine to the hottest setting and give the clothes or fabric a wash.
How To Remove Charcoal Stain From Upholstery
Charcoal on your upholstery is just as bad as having it on your clothes. Removing it off your upholstery isn’t that easy because you cannot take the couch up or chair and put it in the washing machine. To clean the charcoal that is on your upholstery follow the cleaning method below.
What You Will Need:
- Dish soap
- Cleaning Cloth
– The first thing you need to do is vacuum any large amount of charcoal dust off the upholstery. This stage is very important because the more dust you get out the less chance of staining the upholstery even more.
– Your next step will be adding some dawn dish soap to the stain mixed with warm water on the stain. You can pour a little dawn dish soap then sprinkle the warm water over it and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
– Once the 5-10 minutes are up use the vacuum again to suck up all the moisture out of the upholstery that you just add until you can no longer see the stain.
– Once all the stain is gone use the cleaning cloth and dab the spot until or you can use a hairdryer and dry it.