How to Get Laundry Detergent Out of Carpet
Most laundry detergent in supermarkets or on Amazon has a very strong color to the liquid. Pouring the detergent directly on your carpet is a recipe for disaster. And getting the detergent out of your carpet is even worse, especially if your carpet is a light color.
The best laundry detergent you can use on your carpet is the nonscented clear laundry detergent. This article will show you 3 different ways you can use to get laundry detergent out of your carpet easily. Let us get started.
Things You Will Need:
Ways to Remove Laundry Detergent From Your Carpet
Below will be 3 different cleaning methods to choose from to clean the laundry detergent stain out of your carpet to make it look new in a few minutes.
1) Using WD-40 on Laundry Detergent Stain
Wd-40 can be used to do a lot of things including removing stains. It can also be used to prevent stains and even be used as a water repellent. Enough talking about other things WD-40 can do, lets’s show you how to use it on your carpet to remove detergent stains.
Steps to Take:
1) First thing you need to do is to apply WD-40 to the area and let it sit for 10 minutes. The WD-40 will loosen up the laundry detergent.
2) Use a wet microfiber cloth and rub the area until you see all the laundry detergent stain is gone. When the stain is gone, you can use a clean microfiber cloth and wipe the area and let it dry.
Related Article: How to clean carpet without vacuum
2) Steam Cleaning the Stain Area
Steam cleaning the area of the carpet that has the laundry detergent stain is the easiest way to get the stain out. Steam cleaning can get pricy if you choose to hire a steam cleaning service near you, but you can buy your own steam cleaner and do it yourself just like how I did it below.
Steps to Take:
1) The first thing you need to do is to remove everything from the carpet with the stain. This will make it much easier for you to move around and get the laundry detergent stain out properly.
2) Make sure your steam cleaner is hot and ready. Now you can use the steam pad that comes with the steam cleaner and clean the area. Move slowly over the area until you see the stain starting to change color and get lighter.
3) Repeat the steam cleaning process until the majority of the color from the laundry detergent is out. Get some warm water in a container with a microfiber cloth and wipe the rest of the stain out.
4) Your next option is to call a steam cleaning service if want, which will get the work done for you in less than an hour. But getting your own steam cleaner will save you money in the long run because you can use it to clean other areas in your house.
Related Article: How to get wine stain out of carpet
3) Using Hot Water And Vinegar On Your Carpet
White distilled vinegar is the number one natural cleaning solution in any home. So naturally using vinegar on the laundry detergent stain will definitely get the stain out.
Steps to Take:
1) The first thing you need to do is to fill a container with hot water, but not hot enough that you cannot put your hands in it. Add 2 cups of vinegar to the carpet stain and let it sit for 30 minutes.
2) You might be saying now you will have to scrub the stain with a brush, but no. Scrubbing it with a brush will only spread it to other areas. What you need to do is put on your gloves, dip a microfiber cleaning cloth in the warm water and wipe the stain in a circular motion till the stain is gone.
3) To get the vinegar smell out of the carpet, you will need to get some fresh warm water and a new microfiber cloth and wash the area and let it air dry, or use a blow dryer to dry it.
Related Article: How to get crayon out of carpet
In the end, one of these cleaning methods will get the laundry detergent stain out of your carpet. To prevent this from ever happening again, use clear laundry detergent. These detergents are normally marked non-scented and for babies. Above you will see some other related articles that will help you get other things out of your carpet as well.