How to Clean Bird Poop Off Car
Birds are everywhere, and we cannot avoid them pooping on our car unless it is in a garage. Cleaning the bird poop off your car is extremely important because it can really damage your car paint if it stays too long on it. Cleaning bird poop off your car isn’t that hard, but you will need to be careful not to scratch your car.
All poop is made of leftover food that our body doesn’t need, so you will need to wear proper gloves when cleaning off your car. If bird poop is left on your car for more than a few days, when you try to clean it off, it will already start to damage the clear coat on your car.
Method 1. Cleaning Process To Remove Bird Poof Off Your Car
Below will be the step by step guide I had used to clean bird poop off my car before it damaged both my paint and clear coat. Let us begin cleaning your car.
- Cleaning Container
- Microfiber cloth
- Car Cleaning Soap Or Regular Soap
Steps To Take:
1. The first thing you need to do is add some water to the cleaning container and add soap to it. A car cleaning soap That is PH-neutral would be best, but you can use regular soap if you want to clean it off.
2. Once you have made the mixture in the cleaning container, you need to locate all the places on your car that has bird poop on it so that you do not miss any spot. Dip the microfiber cloth in the water and wet all the spots with the bird poop on it.
3. Let the cleaning solution sit on the bird poop marks for 10 – 20 minutes so that the water can soften the poop. Once the time is up, wet the microfiber cloth and wash the area clean, and the bird poop should come right off.
4. If when you clean the bird poop off, you see a stain mark that is outlined, then the bird poop starts to burn away the clear coat on the car, and you will need to use a strong chemical to get it off.
5. To get the stain off, you will need to add a 50/50 ratio of water and vinegar into a spray bottle, spray the stain mark and let it sit for 1 minute, then rub it off with a microfiber cleaning cloth.
Method 2. Using WD-40 Clean Bird Poop Off Car
When bird poop dries on your car, it needs something to lubricate it and soften it enough so that it can slide right off the car or allow you to wipe it off. WD-40 will be the perfect cleaning agent to do so, but you should not use it in direct sunlight because it will dry and stain the car.
All you need to do is spray the areas that have bird poop on it and let it sit for a few minutes, like 5-10 minutes and then wipe it off with a wet microfiber cleaning cloth or paper towel, and you are done.
When bird poop gets on your car, the first thing you need to do is wipe it off immediately. This is the best thing you can do to avoid damaging the paint on your car. Leaving the bird poop on your car for a later time will only make it much harder for you to clean it off. If you realize that birds keep pooping on your car then you need to find a new parking spot because the poo really can damage your car paint.