How to Get Rid Of Maggots In Trash Cans
Maggots in your trash can is the result of flies getting in the trash cans in the first place. To keep maggots out of your trash cans you will first need to read this article about how to keep flies away from your trash cans, so this doesn’t happen to you again. Getting rid of maggots in trash cans is quite easy to do, so follow the step by step method below.
Tools You Will Need:
Cleaning Process To Get Rid Of Maggots In Trash Cans
The method below is the exact method I used to get rid of maggots in my trash cans that I had a while back. This will remove the odors and the maggots as well.
Steps To Take:
1. The first thing you need to do is to get rid of the trash in the trash can. If you have no way of getting rid of the trash, wait until it is trash removal day before you decide to clean the trash can.
2. Once the trash has been removed, you now can take the trash cans to one side and get ready to clean them. You will need to get all the cleaning products together like your gloves, mask, bleach, and baking soda.
3. First, use a hose or some water and wash out all the maggots in the trash can. They will not survive in the sun or on the ground for too long, and animals will eat them either way. Pour two cups of bleach into the trash can and add some dish soap.
4. Use the scrub brush and brush any stained areas that seemed really stained and then you can use a sponge and scrub the trash can. Once the trash can is cleaned, there should be no sign of maggots in it. Wash outside the trash can as well when you are done with the inside.
5. Use some fresh water and wash out the soap and bleach, smell out the trash can and then sprinkle some baking soda on the inside and let it sit for a few hours in the sun before you add any garbage bags to it. You can leave the baking soda in the trash can as well and this will eliminate any odors and keep the smell of the trash down.
Maggots in your trash cans are caused by flies getting into the trash and laying eggs. To prevent flies from getting in your garbage, you need to read the article I suggested then you follow the cleaning method above to remove the maggots from the trash can and properly sanitize the trash cans.