How to Get Bleach Smell Off Hands
Getting bleach on your hands in the first place isn’t safe because of the toxic chemicals that bleach consists of. If I let raw bleach touches my hands it strips the skin on it. Getting the beach smell off your hands can be tricky because if you just wash your hands with regular soap after you are done you will still smell the scent of bleach.
What this article will do is show you six different methods that will remove the smell of bleach on your hands and make it smell of something you will love or just make your hands smell normal again. Let us begin!
A quick way to get the smell of bleach off your hands is to wash it off immediately with a sweet smelling hand soap. If bleach stays too long on your hands you will need to use the methods below to get the smell off.
1. Lemon Juice to Remove Bleach Smell Off Hands
Lemon juice is one of the best ways to get the smell of vinegar off your hands because it is all natural. With this method, you need to be careful with open wounds or cuts on your hands.
1. First you need to wash the bleach off your hands completely even though the smell of the bleach will still be on it.
2. Cut or pour some of the lemon juice on your hands and rub them together for 1-2 minutes.
3. Once the 1-2 minutes are up you can wash your hands off under the kitchen or bathroom faucet.
4. Dry your hands off with some paper towel and your hands should smell like normal again.
2. How to Get Bleach Off Your Hands Using Vinegar
Using vinegar to get the smell of bleach off your hands might seem confusing because vinegar has a strong odor as well. The good thing about vinegar is that you can use it to mask the smell of other things and wash it off with just soap.
1. Pour some vinegar on your hands and rub them together for a minute or two.
2. Rinse your hands off under the bathroom or kitchen faucet.
3. Your hands will smell like vinegar but now you need to add some dishwashing soap or hand soap on your hand and massage them in.
4. Now you can wash your hands off with some warm running water and your hands should no longer have the smell of bleach or vinegar.
3. Using Essential Oil to Remove Bleach Smell Off Hands
Essential oils come in many different scents you can choose from. This makes it perfect to hide the smell of bleach on your hands. Essential oils can be really strong so follow the step by step method carefully below.
1. Choose the essential oil you would like to use. I recommend cinnamon, lavender, or mint if you want your hands to smell more naturally.
2. Carefully add 3 drops of essential oil into a small container or bowl and mix it around.
3. Use one hand to take up some of the water and wet the next hand. Repeat the same for both hands.
4. Now rub your hand together for a minute until the bleach smell is gone off your hands. Now rinse your hand off with some fresh water
4. Baby Powder
Baby powder can do so many things that you have never thought of including hiding the smell of bleach on your hands. I have used it to put on a tight glove, cool down my bed, use it as an ant repellent and temporally stop an itch.
1. First thing you need to do is wash your hands and ensure that you removed all the bleach that got on it.
2. Use a piece of paper towel or cloth and dry your hands properly because if it is wet the baby powder will clog together.
3. Shake out a generous amount of the baby powder on your hands then massage it in until you cannot see the baby powder anymore.
4. You can either let your hands stay like this or you can wash your hands off after 10-15 minutes when your hands absorb all the baby powder.
5. Wash Your Hands With Baking Soda
Baking soda is one of the best products to use to get rid of any odor from any surface or place and that includes your hands as well. Baking soda can be used in a liquid form and a powder form to remove odors.
1. Pour half a cup of baking soda in a small container that can fit both of your hands in.
2. Add warm water into the bowl until it is full then mix it around.
3. Now dip your hands in the water and wash the for one minute and your hands will no longer smell like bleach.
6. How to Get Bleach Smell Off Hands With Coffees Grounds
I love the smell of when coffee is being made. It gives you this relaxing feeling so imagine your hands having a similar smell. What you need to do is crush some coffee grounds and rub your hands together with them. Your hands will now have the smell of coffee.
Can Bleach Burn Your skin?
The answer to that is yes. Bleach will burn your hands if it stays on it for too long. I have had this happen to me before and my skin seem like it was peeling off of the inside of my fingers. It is mandatory that you use rubber gloves each time you use bleach.
We use bleach to clean areas in our house 70% of the time if we can. It gets rid of bacteria fast and will make the place smell cleaner. Bleach can be dangerous for your skin and if it gets into your body so always use a fast mask and gloves when using Clorox bleach.