How To Clean a Mirror
Every time I use the bathroom to brush my teeth, I end up splashing toothpaste on the mirrors. Sometimes I don’t clean the mirrors off in time and the toothpaste dries on them. This will make your mirrors hard to clean when you do try to clean them, I have been there.
These 3 cleaning methods are what works the best and quickest when it comes to cleaning a mirror. I use them on regular bases to clean my mirrors each weekend when I clean the bathroom. You will not be required to buy any special cleaning products because everything you need, can be found in your bathroom or underneath your kitchen cabinets.
Below will be all the things you will need to clean your mirror, so let us begin.
What To Use To Clean Mirrors :
How To Clean a Mirror
These three cleaning methods can be used to clean any mirror in your house. They can even be used to clean the inside of your windows as well. One of the methods is an all-purpose cleaning solution that you will make that can be a cleaning product to clean everywhere.
1. Using Vinegar To Clean Bathroom Mirror
Cleaning your bathroom mirror or dresser mirror with vinegar is super easy to do. You can pour some of the vinegar on a microfiber cloth and wipe the mirror clean or you can follow the steps below for a more deep cleaning method.
Steps to take:
1. Add half a cup of vinegar to a bowl of warm water.
2. Dip a microfiber cloth in the water and wipe the mirror off.
3. Repeat this cleaning process until you get the results you need.
4. You can use apple cider vinegar if you hate the smell of white distilled vinegar.
2. Using Rubbing Alcohol To Clean Mirror
Using rubbing alcohol to clean your mirror is one of the easiest ways to remove every mess that is on your dirty or hazy mirror. Rubbing alcohol will prevent any streaking no matter how much you add or how dirty the mirror is. It can also help prevent your mirror from getting foggy or hazy when you shower.
Steps to take:
1. Get a spray bottle and add 1 cup of rubbing alcohol to it. This spray bottle can be an empty spray bottle that was used for something else.
2. Add one cup of water to the spray bottle and shake it well. This will become a perfect 50/50 ratio mixed.
3. Spray the entire mirror and wipe with a microfiber cloth. If what’s on the mirror seems to not be coming off with the cloth, use a soft sponge that will not scratch the mirror.
4. Now use a clean microfiber cloth and wipe the mirror clean.
3. Cleaning Mirror With Home Made Cleaning Solution
This is an all-purpose cleaning solution that you can use to clean any surface in your house without worrying that it will damage anything. You will need a few items to make this cleaning product so let us begin making it.
Steps To Take:
The first step is to gather all the products you will be using. This includes Dawn Dish Soap, Vinegar, (optional – Essential oil ) to add a little scent.
1. Add 1 cup of white distilled vinegar to a spray bottle.
2. Add 4 tablespoons of dawn dish soap to the spray bottle then fill it with water.
3. Shake the bottle well and now you can use it to clean a mirror.
4. You can add 5 drops of essential oil to the mixture if you want.
Cleaning a mirror with DIY cleaning product:
1. Spray the entire mirror with the cleaning solution.
2. Let it sit for 2 minutes to loosen up everything that might be stuck on the mirror.
3. Use a microfiber cloth and wipe the mirror in a circular motion until everything is loosened.
4. Wash the microfiber cloth out with some fresh warm water from the bathroom or kitchen sink and squeeze it out.
5. Wipe the mirror until it is clean and then use a dry microfiber cloth to buff it.
Additional Bathroom Cleaning Methods
The text that’s highlighted is some links to other articles that will make your bathroom even cleaner. For example, 29 ways to make your bathroom smell marvelous, removing urine smell from your bathroom after you can it and still smell it, and how to clean your bathroom shower head.