How to Get Tar Off Shoes
When tar gets on your shoes, it can ruin your shoes within minutes. Getting the tar off your shoes is very important and you will need to know the best and safest methods because the material that makes your shoes is very delicate and can be damaged by some chemicals.
What this article will do is show you how to get the tar off your shoes in the safest way, especially if the shoes is leather. You should be careful when using some chemicals near leather because it can stain the leather.
How You Can Get Tar Off Your Shoes
Below are the methods I have used that are safe to get tar off your shoes, whether it is the soul of your shoes or on your shoes themselves. These methods below will get it off for you and make your shoes look almost or brand new again.
Method.1 Tar Remover To Clean Tar Off Shoes
The best chemical to use on tar is tar remover itself. These chemicals were made specially to break down the compounds of the tar, which will make you able to wipe off or brush off the tar on your shoes.
Steps To Take:
1. The first step you need to take is to pour out some of the tar removers on the shoes. You can also add some of it in a spray bottle and spray it on the tar.
2. Once you spray it on the tar you can let it sit for a few minutes to allow the tar remover to work and soften the tar.
3. Once the tar is softened, you can wet a microfiber cloth with some of the tar removers and wipe the shoes off slowly in one direction so that you do not spread the tar.
4. If the tar isn’t coming off with the cloth you and use both a toothbrush and a butter knife to scrape it off, but you should be careful when using the knife.
5. Once all of the air has come off. You can give the shoes a proper cleaning, and you will be done.
Method. 2 WD-40 To Remove Tar Off Shoes
WD-40 is a very good product that can be used to soften the tar, which will allow you to scrape it off. When using the WD-40, you should be careful and only use it in the areas where the tar got on your shoes.
Steps To Take:
1. The first step you need to take is to try to take off as much of the tar as you can, if it is in large chunks so that it is much easier for you to clean off.
2. Once you have taken off the large chunks off you can spray the WD-40 on the tar stain and let it sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the WD-40 to soften up the tar.
3. Once the tar is softened, you can brush or scrape the tar off your shoes, and it should brush right off without you struggling too much.
4. Once you have gotten all of the tar off. Make sure to give your shoes a proper cleaning, and your shoes should be good to go.
Method 3. Using Goo Gone On Your Shoes
Goo gone is a very well-known cleaning product that removes anything that has an adhesive to it or can stick to a surface. It works great on removing stickers, and liquid glue on a lot more things, including removing tar off different surfaces.
Steps To Take:
Using goo gone to remove and get the tar off your shoes is a smoker to how you use the other methods. All you need to do is add the goo gone to the tar stain and let it sit for a while, then wipe it off with a cloth or scrape it off with a knife and then clean your shoes normally.
When you get tar on your shoes, you should always try to get large chunks off your shoes immediately because it will harden. When taking off the tar, try not to wipe it off but to pick it off until you can get the chance to use the proper chemicals to soften the tar and take it off properly.