How to Get Oil Based Paint Off Skin
Oil based paint is used in a lot of areas in your house, painting and so many things. Getting oil base paint off your skin is so much harder than getting water base paint off. When it comes to removing oil based paint, you will have to use some sort of chemical to break down the paint and separate the oil.
Just washing your skin off with water will not work. So here are the 4 best ways to wash oil based paint off your skin.
Cleaning Off Wet Oil Base Paint Off Your Hands
The methods below are ways to get oil based paint that is still wet off your hands that haven’t dried up as yet. This will be the easiest way to get the paint off your skin without you scrubbing too much.
Method1: Using Rubbing Alcohol To Get The Paint Off
Rubbing alcohol is a great cleaning product that I recommend using in a lot of other cleaning articles. Using rubbing alcohol to remove oil based paint off your skin will be one of the safest methods you can use because rubbing alcohol can actually go on open wounds.
Steps To Take:
1. First thing you need to do is find an area outside where you can wash your skin off properly. Oil Base Paint has a tendency to stain areas that it gets on even if you are washing it off. So I wouldn’t recommend you washing it off over the kitchen or bathroom sink.
2. When you find the right area to wash your skin off. Stretch a garden hose to that area or fill a container with warm water and place it there. Try and wash off as much of the paint with the water then go to the next step.
3. Pour a generous amount of rubbing alcohol on your hands and rub your skin in a circular motion until you see the paint starting to run off.
4. Since the paint is loosened you can wash it off with some of the water and add more tubing alcohol to your hands and repeat this process until your hands are cleaned and have no sign of paint.
Method 2: Removing The Paint With Nail Polish Remover
Nail polish remover is an amazing product that is strong enough to remove almost any liquid that stains. It even can remove hair dye from a counter that has dried up. It is a good practice to have a bottle at your house just in case you ever need it.
Steps To Take:
1. The first thing you need to do is try to wash off as much of the paint off your skin in a location where it will not stain the area. If you want to use a cloth to help wipe off some of the paint, you can do that as well.
2. When you think you have gotten as much of the paint off your hands with a cloth or water. Pure a generous amount of nail polish remover/acetone on your skin and rub it in a circular motion until the paint comes off.
3. You might use an entire bottle of nail polish remover to get it off so be prepared for that. Repeat this cleaning process until your skin totally cleaned.
Method 3: Using Dawn Dish Soap To Wash The Paint Off
Dawn dish soap is one of the best all purpose cleaning products you can have in your house. Dawn works great when it comes to breaking down grease so it will clean your skin off really well if you use it to wash your hands off as soon as the oil base paint gets on it.
Steps To Take:
1. When using the dawn dish soap to clean the oil base paint off your skin. You will need to get a large enough cleaning container and fill it with warm water and add about a half cup of dawn dish soap into it.
2. Pour some dawn dish soap on your skin as well and dip it into the water and run them together until you see the paint coming off.
3. After a few minutes you might need to change the water and add more dawn dish soap and continue to wash your skin until it is fully cleaned. This method works best if you wash your hands off within seconds of the paint getting on it.
Cleaning Dried Up Oil Base Paint Off Your Hands
As the title stated that this method will be getting oil based paint off your hands that have tried up for a period of time. In the method below we are required to use a strong chemical that they use the thing I’ll be stained out so we can spread easier. But you need to take precautions when using this chemical so that it doesn’t get in your eyes or mouth or open wound.
Use this chemical at your own risk in case it causes irritation, but paint thinner will not cause any damage to your skin if you use it fast enough and wash it off with proper soap after it gets the paint off.
Method 1: Using Paint Thinner To Clean The Oil Base Paint Off.
In this method, you will be using paint thinner to clean the paint off your skin. The reason why you’re using such a strong chemical is that when oil based paint is dried it can only be removed with something that thins it out.
Steps To Take:
1. As mentioned in the other methods above. You will need to find a location to wash the paint off your skin so that it doesn’t stick to any other surface.
2. Once you find that area, you can either dilute the paint thinner in a new bottle to a 1-to-1 ratio with water or pour some of the raw paint thinner on your skin and rub it in a circular motion.
3. When you add the paint thinner to your skin, you will need to rub it until you see paint fading on the area of your skin. Then you can use fresh water and wash it off. If you see paint remaining just add some more paint thinner to it and wash it off again.