How to Get Coconut Oil Out Of Clothes
Coconut oil is an amazing cooking product, hair product, skin product, and so much more things. Getting coconut out of your clothes might seem hard at first but it can come out by following a few steps without ruining your clothes at all.
How to get coconut oil out of your clothes is what this article will teach in a step-by-step method whether the clothes are stained or if the coconut oil just got on the clothes.
Does Coconut Oil Stain Clothes?
Coconut oil is made from the fruit coconut and is very fatty. Because of the fatty content, this is the main reason why coconut oil in any form will stain your clothes if it gets on it. Anything with fat and grease in it will create a very distinguish stain.
The best way to deal with coconut oil stains and get it out of your clothes is by addressing the stain and getting the coconut oil off the clothing as soon as possible. With the cleaning method below, go into it knowing this.
- Baking Soda
- Warm Water
- Cleaning Cloth
- Toothbrush Or Clothes Brush
- Dawn Dish Soap
Steps To Take:
1. The first step you need to take is to separate the clothes that have coconut stains on it from the other clothes. In this step, you will need to find every spot on the clothes that has coconut on it so when you are done you don’t forget spots.
2. Once you have found all the areas on the clothes where the baking soda has gotten on. You need to remove as much of the baking soda as you can if it is in chunks. If not, you can just skip to the next step.
3. Now you will need to absorb the coconut oil with some baking soda. Use a tablespoon and sprinkle the baking soda on every coconut or stain or mark on the clothing. Let the baking soda sit for at least one hour to absorb as much of the coconut oil as possible.
4. Once the one hour or more is up you will now need to pre-wash this thing so when you wash it in the washing machine it’s much easier to get out. Using Dawn dish soap is one of the best soaps you can use because it breaks down grease and gets it out even faster than how a laundry detergent would.
Pour a small amount of Dawn dish soap on the coconut on staying on the mark on the clothing and wet the area with a little bit of warm water. No use your clothes brush or toothbrush based on the size of the mark and scrub the area until you see this is the unit dissipating. Once you’ve seen most of the steam coming out you can move on to the next step below.
5. Place the clothes in your washing machine and set the washing machine on the hottest setting and let it wash for at least 30 minutes. Once it’s done take it out and look at the stained area and if the stain is still there, repeat the cleaning process and place it back in the machine. Once the stain is completely gone you can dry it in the dryer.
Coconut oil is great to cook with and use in your hair for nourishment. But if it gets on your clothes it can permanently damage it so you will need to get it off as soon as possible which will make the cleaning process much easier on you.