How To Get A Bee Out Of Your Car
Bees are very important to our ecosystem and we need to protect them. But when a bee gets in your car it can become dangerous. A sting from a bee in the right area of your body can cause you a lot of pain which will make you lose control of the car if you are driving.
Getting the bee out of your car without harming it is what this article will teach you. These methods can be done on the go if a bee flies in your car while you were on the go. But first, you need to know why a bee flies in your car in the first place.
Why Bee Keeps Coming In Your Car?
A bee will fly in your car by mistake 80% of the time. But the other 20% might be because of sweats in the car which bees love. If you have liquid spilled on your car carpet that dried up. This can attract the bee to come over and over again.
Another reason can be the air freshener you are using in the car or if you have a certain perfume on that attracts the bee. Some perfumes and air fresheners do give off a smell that some flowers give off that bees like so if when you try the methods below, a bee keeps coming back then you know something sweet is in the car or your perfume is attracting it.
How To Get A Bee Out Of Your Car In A Non-Toxic Way
Method1: Keep The Windows Down
The first thing you need to do if a bee flies in your car is to wind the windows down immediately and do not panic if you are driving. The wind from the outside might prevent the bee from wanting to fly out so you need to pull over when it is safe to do so,
Once you have pulled over, make sure all the four windows are down completely. If you can step out the car do so. I would avoid trying to swing at the bee with your hands because some bees will get aggressive when they feel treated and will attack you.
Once the bee has come out of the car. You can safely go in the car back and wind your windows up and carry on with your day.
Method 2: Turn On The Car A/C
Bees hate cold temperatures and will do anything to avoid it. This method can be used if you are on the go or if your car is parked at home with the windows down and a bee flies in your car. This method is really easy to do and will only take a few minutes to get the bee out.
What you need to do is roll up all four of your windows halfway and put the A/C on the coldest setting on max fan speed. Within a few minutes, the car will get extremely cold and the bee will sense the differences in temperature with the half-open window and will fly straight to where the heat is coming from. If you choose to close the windows entirely, the cold temperatures in the car will eventually kill the bee so leave your window half-open.
Method 3: Turn On The Car Heater To Get Bee Out Of Your Car
This method is similar to using the A/C in your car to get the bee out. The only difference with this method is you can leave the windows fully open or you can leave them half-open. This method can kill the bee faster because their body cannot take that much heat. So if you do not want to harm the bee, be careful using this method.
All you need to do is turn the heat right up in your car with the fans on full blast and the bee will eventually fly out. Do not run your car for too long with this method if the outside is extremely hot because it will put the car engine and cooling system under a lot of pressure.
Method 4: Use Essential Oil – Make DIY Spray Repellent
Just as how we are sensitive to a certain smell, so does bees. Bees, flies, mosquitoes, ants, and other insects hate the smell of minty essential oils, lavender, and cinnamon essential oils. What you can do is make your own homemade insect repellent that will repel a lot of insects and also make your car smell great.
Steps To Take:
1. Get a small spray bottle and fill it up half way with warm water.
2. Add 10-15 drops of essential oil into the bottle and shake it well.
3. Pull down the windows in your car and spray the air freshener you just made in the car and let it sit for 10-20 minutes.
4. Over that time period the bee will leave the car and will not come back even if it found food in the car.
Method 5: Remove The Sweats
As I method before that having sweets in your car will cause bees to fly in it over and over again. If this is the case, give your car a proper cleaning and remove all the sweets that you can including what was spilled on the car carpets.
If you have kids drink in the car that was left open, this will attract the bee so either pull up your
windows or take out the drink.
Bees are amazing insects that make our life easier more than you know it. When they get in your car by mistake, the best way to get them out is by removing and sweet that might distract them from flying out and roll down the windows and give it a few minutes. Eventually, they will fly out before you have to harm them or use any toxic chemicals.