How to Get Pen Ink Off Skin
We use pens every single day and some of them will eventually get on our skin. Getting the pen ink off your skin might seem hard but this article will show you how to get wet and dried-up pen ink off your skin without hurting your skin.
The method I will show you is the exact method I used when I got pen ink on my skin, so I can guarantee you that you will get it off your skin quickly and easily.
Is Pen Ink Safe For Your Skin?
Ink isn’t safe for the body in no way or form especially if you get it in your eyes or in your mouth. It is perfectly safe to get some ink on your skin and have it on for a small period of time but if you let the ink stay for days, you might end up with an allergic reaction to it because your skin will absorb it just as how it absorbs lotion.
If you find yourself having an allergic reaction to pen ink on your skin, head to the hospital immediately.
Getting The Pen Ink Off Your Skin
Bellow is the cleaning method you can use to get wet and dried-up ink off your skin without bruising your skin.
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Cleaning Cloth
- Warm Water
(Important Note) – Most time ink’s are very stainable and if you wash the ink off in your bathroom sink over the countertop or bottom it will stain the area. I recommend falling into a small container with warm water and using it to wash your hands off using the method below.
Another important thing that you should not forget is to wear a pair of gloves so the ink doesn’t get on your hands after you wash it off your skin.
Steps To Take:
1. The first step you need to take is to gather all the cleaning tools together so you can clean the pen ink off your skin easily without walking around looking for them. Put on a pair go rubber gloves and fill a container with warm to hot water.
2. Once you have gotten all the tools, you can now get at a piece of cleaning cloth or paper towel wet it with a generous amount of rubbing alcohol and rub the area off your skin that has on the pen ink. Using a cloth or dishwashing sponge is easier to use because it is rough enough to get the ink off your skin without damaging it.
3. Once you have gotten all of the pen ink off your skin. You need to wash your off with some warm water and some soap to get the rubbing alcohol and the smell off ink off your skin.
Getting Very Dried Up Ink Off Your Skin
Below is the method you would use to get dried up ink out of your skin if the ink has been on your skin for a few hours. Be careful of this method when using it on kids because you’ll be using acetone.
- Nail Polish Remover
- Microfiber Cloth
- Regular soap
Steps To Take:
1. The first step you need to take is to put on a pair of gloves, and a face mask and gather all the cleaning tools you need to get the ink off your skin.
2. Pour a generous amount of nail polish remover on a piece of microfiber cloth and gently rub the area in a circular motion until you see the pen ink starting to lift up. If that part of the microfiber cloth is getting dirty, you can add more nail polish remover to clean the section go the cloth and continue to clean the area that has the dried-up ink.
3. Once we are satisfied that all the ink has been wiped off. You cannot wash your hands or any part of your body off that had the ink stain until you no longer smell the nail polish remover.
How to get permanent marker off skin in 8 easy ways
How to get tree sap off your hands
How to get spray paint off hands
Getting pen ink on your skin isn’t the worst thing that can happen to you because it doesn’t work like regular poison. If the pen ink stays too long on your skin and you have an allergic reaction, then you know you have a problem and you need to see the doctor. My advice to you is immediately wash off the ink off your skin as soon as the ink got on it.