How to Remove Paint From Vinyl Chairs
Vinyl chairs are strong and can withstand a lot of abuse. When paint gets on these chairs, you can actually damage the matters if you do not know the right methods to follow. There are two main types of paint out there that you might have been using.
One is water-based paint and the other is oil base paint. This article will show you how to remove paint from vinyl chairs no matter what paint you were using and you will not damage your chair material.
Types Of Paints:
Latex Paint – Latex paint is made of water for the most part and will be the easiest to remove from your laminate floors and vinyl floors because this type of paint has a small number of chemicals in it to damage the floor.
Acrylic Paint ( Oil Paint) – Acrylic paint is a paint that requires you to use paint thinners and other strong cleaning solvents to get it off of a surface. This type of paint is made of chemicals and will stick to most surfaces like glue.
What Is Vinyl?
Vinyl is a non-natural material that looks similar to the material it is trying to copy but it is made of ethylene and chlorine. Vinyl is a man-made synthetic plastic material so it will stand up to rougher conditions. This material is great to use In areas where people sit a lot. You can find these chairs in a lot of restaurants.
Method 1: Remove Paint From Vinyl Chairs: Water Base Paint
This method is for water-based paint that can be cleaned off with water but requires some specific steps to get the paint off.
- Warm water
- Cleaning Container
- Cleaning Cloth
- Dish Soap
Steps To Take:
1. The first thing you need to do is fill the container with warm water and add 3-5 tablespoons of dawn dish soap and mix it around.
2. Locate all the spots on your vinyl chair that has paint or paint splatter on it so you do not miss anything.
3. Once you locate all of the paint spots. Dip the sponge into the warm water and lightly blot the paint or spots and let it sit for 10 minutes.
4. Once the 10 minutes are up. Dip the sponge into the water gain and gently scrub the paint off the vinyl chair.
5. When you are satisfied that all the paint has come off, use the cleaning cloth you have and wipe the chair off. Your chair should be clean now and can be used immediately.
Method 2: Remove Paint From Vinyl Chairs Oil Base Paint
This cleaning method is for paint that is water base and will be much harder to come off so you will be using a solvent that is strong enough to break down the paint but not strong enough to damage the chair.
- Nail Polish Remove Or Rubbing Alcohol
- Cleaning Cloth
- Cotton ball
Steps To Take:
1. If you have cotton balls at home you can wet a few with some of the rubbing Alcohol or nail polish remove and blot the paint marks then let it sit for 15 minutes. If you do not have any cotton balls use a cloth.
2. In this step you will need to wet a small portion of the cleaning cloth no larger than 5 inches so you can use it to sub the paint off after the 15 minutes are up.
3. Once all the paint has gotten off, you can use a clean cloth and wipe the chair down with warm water and let it air dry.
The best way to get paint off a vinyl chair is to prevent it in the first place. Next time you are using paint around your vinyl chairs, you need to properly cover the area. Before you start cleaning, make sure sure you check what paint you are using so you can choose the right cleaning method.