How to Clean A Microwave
We all have microwaves in our homes, but we tend to clean our microwaves once in a while. Burn popcorn smell and stuck-on food on the inside of the microwave is a nightmare to get out, but this article will teach you how to clean a microwave and remove all that smell and food.
I recently did this and it works marvelously, so you know your microwave will be looking and smelling wonderful in just a few minutes. This cleaning method works on every brand of microwave.
Related Article: How to Clean a Microwave Filter
Things You Will Need To Clean A microwave:
How to Clean A Microwave With Vinegar
Vinegar is one of the best nontoxic cleaning solutions you can use around anything that involves your food. Vinegar is also great at removing odors, so it will remove any burn smell you have in your microwave. You can clean your microwave with vinegar in 2 different ways. (1) Steam cleaning It. (2) Washing it with a magic eraser.
Steps to take:
1) Take the glass spinning plate out of the microwave and place it into the kitchen sink and wash it off properly. To steam clean a microwave with vinegar, add 2 cups of vinegar to a microwavable bowl and put it in the microwave for 3 minutes.
2) When the 3 minutes is up, use an mr clean magic eraser and wipe the microwave inside. This will fully loosen up any burnt on food on the inside wall of the microwave. Use a piece of paper towel and wipe out any excess moisture.
3) To clean the inside of your microwave with vinegar in a spray bottle, just add 2 cups of vinegar in the spray bottle the add some water to it. Spray the inside of the entire microwave and leave it for 10 minutes to loosen up and food. Use a magic eraser to clean the rest of it along with some paper towel.
How to Clean A Microwave With Lemon
Lemons have citrus in them which is food for cleaning and removing odors. This and the method above is the best way to remove odors from your microwave. For this method, you will need 3 to 4 lemons.
Steps to take:
1) The first thing you need to do to clean a microwave with lemons is to place the 4 lemons in the microwave for 10 seconds. This will allow you to get the maximum amount of juice out of the lemon. Once you did that, cut the lemons in half and rub the inside walls of the microwave. Leave the microwave for 5 minutes with the door closed.
2) When the time is up, use a sponge, our Mr clean magic eraser, and clean the inside. For food that is stuck to the side, you can use a scotch brite to get it off, but do not apply too much pressure.
3) Use a piece of paper towel and wipe the inside of the microwave to remove excess liquid or moisture from the lemon.
How to Clean the Inside Of A Microwave With Dawn Dish Soap
Over time your microwave will get greasy from the foods you put in it. Dawn dish soap is known for how well it removes grease, so you know your microwave will look brand new again after using this cleaning method.
1) Get a large enough container and add water to it. Pour 3 tablespoons of dawn dish soap into the container, then use a sponge or magic eraser wand clean the microwave. While you wipe the microwave down the dawn dish soap will break down the grease.
How to Clean Mold In A Microwave
Mold forms in a microwave when too much moisture is left in it over a period of time. Mold is not good for your body so this is dangerous to have in your microwave. To remove the mold in your microwave, you will need a few things like gloves, bleach, and vinegar.
Step to take:
1). Add 1 cute of vinegar to a spray bottle, then add 6 tablespoons of bleach. Add warm water to the bottle and spray it over the entire inside of the microwave. Put on the glove and use a sponge and wipe the mold out. Repeat this process until the microwave is clean.
Related Article: How to clean moldy dishes